A cookie is a small text file stored on your browser when you visit a website. It is intended for allowing that website to remember your visit when you again browse that site. Cookies tend to store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customisation, statistics of use, links to social media, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of a cookie is to adapt the website’s contents to your profile and needs; without cookies the services offered by any website would be significantly impaired.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information on a user, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, ID number or personal information, etc. The data they store are technical in nature, personal preferences, content customisation, etc. The web server is not associated to you as a person but to your web browser.
Cookies used on this website
This website uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user is accessing the website; and permanent cookies store the data in the terminal so that they are accessed and used in more than one session.
Depending on the purpose for which we process the data obtained through the cookies, the website may use:
Are those that allow the user to browse a website or application and to use the different options or services available on it. For example, controlling traffic and data transmission, identifying the session, accessing restricted-web-access parts, recalling the elements that comprise a purchase order, carrying out the request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing and storing content for the dissemination of video or sound.
Are those that allow the user to access the service, with some characteristics of a general nature predefined in their terminal or defined by the user. For example, language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, selected content design, geolocation of the terminal and regional configuration from which the service is accessed.
Are those that allow for the efficient management of the advertising spaces included in the website or application from which the service is provided. They allow the advertising content to be adapted to make it more relevant for the user and to avoid showing advertisements that the user has already viewed.
Statistical analysis cookies
Are those that allow monitoring and analysing user behaviour on websites. The information collected through this type of cookie is used for measuring activity on websites, applications or platforms and for drawing up browsing profiles of users on such sites with the purpose of implementing improvements in the service according to the data held on the use made of them by users.
Stonemate uses third-party cookies to compile information for statistical purposes, on the use of the site by users and for providing other services relating to the website’s activity and other internet services.
- Social networks: each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons of the Like or Share
How to manage cookies in the browser
Users have the option of allowing, blocking or removing the cookies installed in their equipment by configuring the options of the browser installed in their terminal:
To adjust cookie-related permits in the Google Chrome browser:
- Click on the toolbar menu.
- Select Configuration.
- Click on Show advanced options.
- In the ‘Privacy’ section, click on the Content settings
- You can configure the options in the ‘Cookies’ section.
To adjust cookie-related permits in the Mozilla Firefox browser:
- In the top part of the Firefox window, click on the Tools
- Select the Privacy
- In the Firefox option you can choose Use custom settings for history to configure the options.
To adjust cookie-related permits in the Internet Explorer 9 browser:
- In the top part of the Internet Explorer window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete browsing history option to delete the cookies. Highlight the ‘Cookies’ box and then click on Delete.
- Select the Security tab and access Settings. Move the slide control totally upwards to block all cookies or totally downwards to allow all cookies. After this, click on Accept.
In some browsers you can configure specific rules to manage cookies by website. This provides more precise control over privacy and means that you can disable cookies from all sites except from those which you trust.
Disabling or deleting cookies
You may exercise your right to disable or delete cookies from this website at any time. These actions are performed differently depending on which browser you are using.
If you wish to know how to disable cookies in the most popular web browsers, access the following tutorials:
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari for iOS (iPhone and iPad) https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
- Chrome for Android https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114662?hl=es&visit_id=0-636251939016507987-2717174731&rd=1
- Opera http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
The User expressly accepts
Neither this website nor its legal representatives accept liability for either the content or the veracity of the privacy policies that the third parties mentioned in this cookies policy may have in place.
Web browsers are the tools that store cookies and it is from there that you have to exercise your right to delete or disable them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the above-mentioned browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies to prevent the browser from forgetting its decision to not accept them.
/ Stonemate Mining & Natural Stone Inc.